This EACPT Focus Meeting on cardiovascular is of interest to clinical pharmacologists, pharmacologists, and other young scientists and clinicians interested in drug treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Ultrasound imaging of vascular injury (including a workshop providing hands-on training)
- The microbiome and inflammation in the metabolic syndrome
- Targeting inflammation to prevent and treat atherosclerosis
- Diagnosis and therapy of adrenal hypertension
- Protection against ischaemia-reperfusion injury.
The main audience for this meeting is:
- (Vascular) Neurologists
- Clinical Pharmacologists
- Hospital Pharmacists
- Those who are in training for these specialties
- Nurse Practitioners (in cardiovascular medicine)
The Focus Meeting will provide state-of-the art key note lectures by international established speakers in these topics, a workshop on 'vascular ultrasound' and presentations of current research in vascular medicine and pharmacotherapy (both oral presentations and posters).
Finally, the meeting will provide many opportunities for delegates to meet experts to discuss these topics and to exchange ideas.